Online retailers today are in a situation where strategic promotion of their website is vital for attracting sales and profits. The competition is extreme and customers have many choices. If website link visibility is not maximized effectively, it is extremely difficult to compete in search engine rankings. (Search engine algorithms rank links as highly important in evaluating the worthiness of a site within ranking systems.) .
If you are a new retailer trying to establish a base of customers or an existing retailer looking to improve popularity, it is important getting your website links indexed by prominent search engines. Here are a few powerful link building techniques that can enhance the popularity of your website.
1. Identify similar and relevant website as yours and leave your link after obtaining permission. Link partners can also be found on webmaster forums. You can also mail site operators directly to strike a deal. Reciprocal links are not ranked as highly as incoming links because they are seen as deals, e.g., trades meant to enhance rankings rather than improve the user experience.
2. Article Submissions You can enhance your credibility as an online retailer simply by letting customers know the depth of knowledge you have on your product. Write informative and well researched articles on your niche segment and submit them to article directories to get valuable back links.
3. Web directory submission Web directories are excellent for submitting your links. Though the process is tedious, it can get you many back links.
4. Press Releases Post press releases regarding the launch of your website to PR sites.
They will pass on the news to other online news outlets. This is an excellent method of getting free links.
5. Many online retailers are using the social media platform to post their profiles with the website link. Sign up for a few popular social media sites to build your personal and professional brand.
6. Squidoo lens In just 15 minutes, it is possible to create a Squidoo lens. Here you can add feed content integrating anchor text links to your site.
7. Create Widget, Theme or Tool Online retailers take the help of talented designers to create a template or add on application that is related to a popular website or social network platform. Here you can link back to your designated site through credit links.
8. You can post your blogs on other blog networks. Create different versions of your existing blogs and post them on various blog networks such as Xanga, Blogger and Wordpress. From here it is possible to link to a particular page on your website.
9 Comment in other peoples blogs. You need ot select blogs that make sense in your field and begin posting in a natural way. After time you can ask the blog owner to allow links and/or to review your products on the blog.
Use any or all of these methods for link building and enhance the popularity of your website to attract more customers and generate profits in your online retail business.