Proper search Engine optimization or SEO is one of the surest ways to get noticed on the web. According to research, very few people actually trust website ads, but a far higher percentage of them trust the organic search results that pop up on the first page. So if you want to rank high for your chosen niche on Google, Bing, Yahoo or any one of those search engines out there, you need to optimize your web pages accordingly. For those of you wondering how you can go about it, here are some powerful SEO tips to help you get started:-
1. Social bookmarking - Link to pages of your website from social bookmarking websites like Reddit and Digg. Not only does this increase the number of backlinks, it also increases the chance of people finding you through those platforms.
2. Picture tagging - If you have an image heavy website (e.g. an online catalogue), you need to tag individual images, describing the content of those images, because otherwise search engine crawlers have no way of understanding what's in those images and won't index you for pertinent keywords.
3. Article Submissions - Writing articles related to your niche and then submitting them to article directories works wonders in search engine optimization. Remember to include specific keywords you want to achieve high rank in, but don't overdo it. Too many keywords can result in search engines marking your article as spam.
4. URL - It's good to get an URL that is a nice compromise between your name and a niche keyword. URL is very important when it comes to where your website will be placed in search engine results so make your choice very carefully.
Hidden links or text - These are a bad idea. Search engines sometimes scan for things like hidden links or text and may actually penalize or ban you if you have them in your website, regardless of their content.
6. Original Content - If you have multiple pages selling similar stuff like different sizes of the same product, try to change the description in each page. Search engines frown upon duplicate content, even if the duplication is from your own website. With Google's newest update, duplication in just a few web pages can send the rankings of the entire site tumbling.
When it comes to search engine optimization, you cannot afford to take chances. Search engine optimization is of crucial importance and you need to ensure that it is done well in order to get the visibility your website deserves.